Baby Café expands in Birmingham
For an expectant or nursing mother, it can be lonely sometimes. Questions might arise, and having someone to talk to can make a world of difference. St. Vincent’s Health System offers a unique experience called Baby Café, just for these mothers to find answers to their questions.
“Baby Café is a wonderful program for expectant and nursing moms to have the opportunity to spend time asking questions and receiving support from our certified lactation consultants and a network of other women who are in a similar stage of nursing and parenting,” said Sandy King, RN, IBCLC, Monogram Maternity Lead with St. Vincent’s Health System. “It’s a relaxing environment that equips women with the resources they need to be confident in their breastfeeding journey. We are thrilled to expand our services to provide this resource to more moms in more communities.”
This fall the program has expanded to include two new locations:
- Beginning November 4, St. Vincent’s Baby Café Hoover will take place every Monday from 10am-noon at Prince of Peace Catholic Church (St. Elizabeth Room, 4600 Preserve Parkway, Hoover, AL 35226).
- Beginning November 7, St. Vincent’s Baby Café North will take place every Thursday from 9-11am at Crossroads Baptist Church (Mommy & Me Room, 801 Highway 160, Warrior, AL 35180).
Existing Baby Café locations will continue as well:
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1-3pm at the St. Vincent’s Birmingham women’s and children’s center (4th floor, 810 St. Vincent’s Drive, Birmingham, AL 35205)
- Fridays from 10am-noon at St. Vincent’s East (Building 50, classroom 4, 2nd floor, 50 Medical Park Drive East, Birmingham, AL 35235)
- Wednesdays from 10am-noon at St. Vincent’s One Nineteen (conference center, 7191 Cahaba Valley Road, Hoover, AL 35242)
For more information, visit stvhsbaby.com.